Apple Cider Vinegar: Its alternative uses
When it comes to staying healthy by prevention and cure of diseases, people mostly look for natural remedies rather than medicines. Among these various natural remedies or tonics used for curing different ailments, apple cider vinegar is one such option. Apples are crushed and then fermented in order to make apple cider vinegar. Also known as ACV, this vinegar is used for various purposes. Apart from being used in our kitchens, it has a number of health benefits too.
Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is being used for over centuries for a variety of reasons, some of which are discussed below.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Beauty Therapy
Beauty care is considered vital among women and therefore they are highly conscious when it comes to their looks. Among the various uses of apple cider vinegar, beauty treatment is considered one as it is a great help for the nourishment of hair, skin and nails.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used on hair in order to fight dandruff, add body and make the hair shine. Once you have washed your hair, use this vinegar to rinse.
- When used on face, it acts as a facial cleanser. It also raises the pH value of skin.
- Soak a cotton ball or a piece of cloth in apple cider vinegar overnight; it helps clean dentures.
- Before taking a bath, apple cider vinegar can be added to water to reduce the redness and alleviate the pain of sunburn.
- Apple cider vinegar can be applied on skin to reduce swelling; it also helps bruises grow fainter.
- Apple cider vinegar nourishes the scalp; it eliminates build up on scalp.
- ACV is used to whiten teeth: in addition to this, it also kills the bacteria present is mouth.
- It can act as a mouth freshener, when used to rinse to avoid bad breath.
- When used on skin, it also reduces cellulite.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to be used as a skin toner, in order to diminish skin blemishes.
- People often put their hand and feet in ACV for a while to soften the skin and help remove warts.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Health Benefits
Apple cider vinegar also acts as a remedy for a number of diseases. The daily intake of ACV can help treat a variety of ailments such as infections, pains, inflammation, digestive problems, etc.
- ACV acts as a kidney cleanser through detoxifying it.
- Regular intake of ACV can help prevent flu.
- It lessens the inflammation caused by arthritis.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used to fight various infections; it also helps relieve sinus pressure.
- Acts as an aid in order to regulate and maintain blood pressure.
- It is an immunity booster, making the immune system stronger.
- It can be used on the wounds as a disinfectant.
- Sore muscles can be relaxed and alleviated from pain through its use.
- ACV increases the rate of metabolism; it also increases energy in the body.
- It is used as a cure for eczema.
- Throat infections are treated through the intake of apple cider vinegar.
- Through controlling sugar craving, intake of vinegar also helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Development of healthy plants and vegetation is increased with ACV.
- It is put on rashes as a disinfectant in order to relieve pain and irritation.
- In case of ear infections, use of vinegar is common as a remedy.
- Reduces weight through decrease in appetite and an increase in the rate at which the body fat burns.
- It is good for asthma patients; also helps eliminate allergies.
- Helps relieve gout.
- Aids in balancing the pH level of the body.
- It reduces and regulates the cholesterol level in one’s body.
- ACV is good for diabetic patients; helps them control their blood sugar level.
- Helps remove fungus in nails.
- ACV helps strengthen bones.
- Aids us with providing a better sleep.
- It also relieves heartburn.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Household Chores
Apart from the various health benefits by www.celebrityhealthinsider.com, apple cider vinegar can be used for various purposes at home.
- It can be used to clean surfaces and acts as a disinfecting cleanser at home.
- It helps get rid of bad odors
- It acts as a flea-repellant on pets
- It can be used as a fruity fly trap