Varicose veins are caused due to the leakage in the one way valves in the veins. The leaking valves will further allow the blood vessels to collect and push against the weak walls. As a result the veins become enlarged and swollen. This gives rise to a condition called varicose veins. Immediate consultation from doctor is recommended if you find any of the below mentioned symptoms like:
- Blood clots
- Heaviness in the legs
- Paining legs
- An ulcer or sore no healing up
- Burning sensation at the backside of the leg
You would be glad to know that the varicose veins can be treated in a number of ways with the treatment options offered by veintreatmentclinic.com. Surgery is also an option. In this article we will try to give you an understanding of treatment options like Radio frequency ablation and Endovenous Laser Ablation
Radio Frequency Ablation and Endovenous Laser Ablation
Radiofrequency ablation varicose veins also known as laser energy treatment is largely used to heat and scar and finally cut off from the inside of the veins. This will stop the blood flow to that vein and compelling the blood to flow from healthier veins. This treatment method not only eradicated the marks of the varicose veins but also cure the unbearable pain it causes to the patient. Endovenous procedure is a type of treatment which is done within the veins.
Endovenous ablation if done with the help of laser of radio frequency is performed under Interventional Radiologist. These are certified experts who perform treatment with the help of ultra sound rays and x-rays without performing surgery.
The patient is required to disclose his health related details like current medications, diseases, allergies and family history of diseases if any to his Interventional Radiologist before the procedure.
The patient needs to wear comfortable clothes on the day of treatment. There should be an attendant with the patient who can drive the patient back home safely. Following process is followed in this:
- A cream will be rubbed on the affected area of the patient giving it a numbness feeling
- The affected area will be thoroughly cleaned to avoid any infection
- Local anesthesia shall be injected in the veins directly
- A catheter will be placed by making a nick in the skin
- Ultrasound will be used to function the catheter
- Once the catheter reaches its destination a laser fiber is used within the vein
- The inside of the affected vein is heated and burnt by the laser rays
- Bandage is placed on the treated area by the vascular surgeon NJ
- The patient will require to wear compressed stockings after the procedure of one hour
So these were the introduction of Radio frequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation. At veintreatmentclinic.com, it is believed that a well understood patient will stay calm and will avoid panicking during the varicose veins treatment procedure. This is the reason why complete details regarding the process are provided to the patients so that all their doubts are cleared and they can get the treatment with peace of mind.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/veintreatmentclinic/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VeinTreatmentDr