Before going for a laser hair removal treatment, it is important to get prepared. First of all, you are advised to visit a specialist who will not only recommend the best laser treatment but also, conduct the treatment when the time comes. In this article we are going to look at how to prepare for a laser hair removal treatment. Furthermore, it includes how the treatment is done. You however need to prepare both psychologically and financially.
Before going for the treatment, you need to know the areas where you want hair removed with laser. This is important since it is not recommended that you have a full body treatment.
During the treatment, the dermatologist passes laser beam over the skin where the concentrated light penetrates and damages the roots (follicle) of the hair. Generally, the procedure involves concentrating light diodes on a specific region of the body to obtain maximum effect on the tissues. Follicle contains melanin which gives the skin and hair its color and is the main focus of the procedure.
Furthermore, to get the best results, you need to attend multiple sessions. This treatment takes a period of between twenty minutes and one hour. It is also best to remember that you cannot have a full body treatment in one session.
This treatment is the best option for most people as it is efficient and time saving.
Apart from the procedures of the treatment, it is also necessary to get the right information on the treatment. The followings tips are going to provide you with the best tips for the procedure.
- Find the right Laser hair removal – Before the treatments make sure the treatment method is right for you. Therefore, the best way to do this is to seek advice from a qualified dermatologist.
- Toning should be avoided before the treatment procedure – This will prevent burning on the skin.
- Avoid other treatments methods before going for laser procedure – Waxing or uprooting your hair can affect the final result of the laser treatment.
- Shave a day before the treatment and show up with a clean and well washed skin – Any dirt, makeup, oily and moisturized skin should be removed before the treatment.
- After the treatment, you should let the hair fall by itself. Therefore, you should not wax or remove the hair prematurely.
- Finally, you should finish all the treatment sessions recommended by the specialist. In addition, if you are doing the procedure on your own, make sure that you follow the laid down steps.
In addition to the above mentioned steps to guarantee the best results, you should also understand that laser works best on certain kind of skin tone. Therefore, it is advisable to identify the best laser treatment for your hair and skin type. Also remember to Visit a specialist in order to get enough information on the procedure.