Starting a new workout training plan can be a daunting and frustrating process for women. What makes it worst is the incorrect information that has been given out there yet it’s tough to find something that actually works. There are many good reasons for working out and there’s nothing wrong with wanting to look and shape at your best.
As a woman, aiming to look and shape at your best means you need to balance your career, family and improving overall health. Exercising gives a woman a sense of accomplishment, boosting self-esteem, along with mood and spirit.
What’s Best to Get in Shape?
You want to see results positively and swiftly? Try a combination of cardio and strength and flexibility training in your workout. You may include walking, running, climbing stairs, kickboxing, yoga, cycling at a moderate pace and other recreational hobbies. Indeed, these would help you get in shape and look at your best but how to add these into your workout routine?
Here are 5 simple yet powerful workout tips that can boost your adherence to achieve your fitness goals and get that desired look and shape at the expected time.
- Target Your Trouble Zone
If you want to tighten up one specific area, pick the exercises that focus on those places and incorporate them into your daily routine. Just remember to continue challenging your body by gradually increasing the weight or number of reps as you get stronger.
2. Train with Moderate and Heavy Weights to Get Toned
If you want to get that toned look you will also have to make sure your nutrition is on point . Lifting moderate/heavyweights with a short rest period will allow you to add definition to your muscles and will help you burn fat.
3. Women must aim for number of reps to shape their bodies
If you want to get fit, you will have to work these muscles effectively. In order to do so, you will have to aim for a recommended rep range of 8-12 reps. This is the best rep range to give a good definition to your muscles.
When looking at bodyweight exercises that do not require weights, the rep range can be increased. Since you are not limited by a set amount of weight, you are simply going through the motions of the exercise (flexing and relaxing the muscles) which requires less effort but can be very effective in strengthening and toning the target muscles.
4. Rest Time Between Each Set And Exercise
In order to get toned, you will have to rest between sets and exercises. The rest duration will be 30 seconds – 1 minute between sets and 2 – 3 minutes between exercises.
- Always drink plenty of water
Water is the universal remedy for whatever discomfort one feels. It is also true in fitness. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water can actually help a lot not only to your fitness goals but to your overall health as well.
Read on the Intense 4-Week Women’s Workout Routine to Get Strong and Lean, plus get toned and get in shape. Take note of the rest periods for this program should be 30-90 seconds in between sets and exercises.
Monday: Full-Body (emphasize lower-body)
– Warmup Bodyweight Squats: 3 sets x 30 reps
– Warmup Lunges: 3 sets x 15 reps (each leg)
– Wide-Stance Barbell Squats: 5 sets x 25 reps
– Barbell Sumo Squat 3 sets x 15 to 20 reps
– Cable Glute Kickback: 3 sets x 15 to 20 reps (each leg)
– Barbell Glute Bridges: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
– Stiff-Legged Dumbbell Deadlift: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
– Hyperextensions: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
– Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
Tuesday: Legs and Glutes + Cardio
– Leg Exercise Squats: 3-4 sets x 6-12 reps
– Dumbbell Lunge: 2-3 sets x 12-15 reps
– Dumbbell Step Up: 2-3 sets x 12-15 reps
– Glutes Exercise Barbell Hip Thrust: 3 sets x 6-12 reps
– Glute Cable Kickback: 2-3 sets x 12-15 reps
– Cardio: 15 min of HIIT on Stationary Bike
Wednesday: Full-Body + HIIT (emphasize upper-body and core)
– Warmup Jumping Jacks: 3 sets x 10 reps
– Warmup Box Jump: 3 sets x 10 reps
– Burpees: 4 sets x 15 reps
– Jump Squats: 4 sets x 15 reps
– Split Jumps: 4 sets x 15 reps (each leg)
– Push Ups: 3 sets x 15 reps
– Triceps Dips On Floor: 3 sets x 12 reps
– Bicycle Crunches: 3 sets x 15 reps (each leg)
– 12 min HIIT treadmill: 30s sprinting, 1 min steady state cardio
Thursday: Arms and Back Exercise
– Back Exercise Pull Down: 3-4 sets x 6-12 reps
– One Arm Dumbbell Row: 2-3 sets x 12-15 reps
– Seated Cable Row: 2-3 sets x 12-15 reps
– Arms Exercise Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets x 12 reps
– Triceps Overhead Extension: 3 sets x 12 reps
– Cable Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps
– Cable Press down: 3 sets x 15 reps
– Cardio: 30 min of moderate intensity on Stairmill
– Warmup Superman: 3 sets x 15 reps
– Warmup Knee Push Ups: 3 sets x 15 reps
– Chest Press: 3 sets x 12 reps
– Assisted Pull-ups: 3 sets x 8-12 reps
– Bent Over Rows: 3 sets x 8-12 reps
– Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
– Medicine Ball Lunges: 3 sets x 12-15 reps (each leg)
– Medicine Ball Crunch Twist: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
– Wide-Stance Medecine Ball Squats: 3 sets x 20-25 reps
Weekends: Light activity – recovery walks and optional ab workout
– Plank: 3 sets x 20 sec holds
– Lying Floor Leg Raise: 3 sets x 10 reps
– Crunches: 3 sets x 20 reps
– Side Crunches: 2 sets x 15 reps each side
This workout routine program is perfect for any healthy woman who is looking to transform her body. The goal is to help you develop lean and functional muscle tone through foundational lifts. The workout itself targets full body three times a week with a strong focus on your glutes, and your upper body twice a week with a focus on sculpting the muscles of the arms.
To increase the total number of calories burned each day, some recommended cardio sessions are added that you can do either in the morning or after that day’s workout. However, if you are limited on time, they are not required to see progress with this workout. The best supplements you can use with your workouts are: Crazy Bulk, Black Wolf and Marine Muscle.
Reach Your Fitness Goals Efficiently
One problem any woman encounter is how to execute certain exercise especially lifting weights. The key to achieving your fitness goals is to be prompt in the allotted schedules and routines design for your workout. You should struggle to reach the given rep ranges if it feels too light or too heavy adjust the weight accordingly. Make sure to perform each exercise with a good form and a full range of motion.
It is also important to lift with purpose and direction to see best results. You can’t wander from machine to machine without first establishing which exercises and which amount of sets and reps will best help you achieve your goals.